Environmental Assessment Practitioner (EAP)
Contract / Permanent
EnviroAfrica cc wishes to expand their team of professional environmental consultants based in Somerset West. Candidates who comply with the criteria stipulated below are invited to submit CV’s.
- A recognized Degree in Environmental Management or related field and at least 3+ years practical experience in a responsible position (consultancy based).
- The successful candidate must be registered or in the process of EAPASA registration
- Excellent written and verbal capability of Afrikaans
Required knowledge & skills
- In depth Knowledge of Environmental Management, the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) process and legislative requirements
- Liaise appropriately with specialists as well as sub-consultants, developers and other relevant bodies
- Above average communication skills in both Afrikaans and English.
- Well organized – able to plan, prioritize and co-ordinate;
- The ability to work in a team and independently, as required.
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills.
- Code B Drivers license, own transport and willingness to travel when required
- Completion of Environmental checklists, BARs, EIAs, NOIs of various size and complexity
- Conduct Public Participation processes
- Compilation of Environmental Management Programmes;
- Environmental Compliance Monitoring (ECO);
- Waste License Applications;
- Completing Water-Use License Applications;
- Air Emission License Applications;
- Mining Applications
- Feasibility / Screening Assessments;
- Environmental Auditing; and
- Legal Compliance.
All interested applicants must submit their detailed CVs including references on or before 27 August 2021; by e-mail to:
The successful applicant will be joining a dynamic professional team and will be provided with significant growth opportunity at a market related salary commensurate with experience. The appointment will be made in relation to the company’s equal opportunities framework. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.